We don’t have a magic wand to produce the lush golf vegetations that grace the pages of magazines but we eliminate all the hard work with Hydro seeding. We use a technique and special mixture that we developed over the years. Our hydro-seeding mixtures are of the highest quality, weed free and guaranteed to produce healthy and beautiful vegetation that will add to aesthetics of your golf course. But we know that one-size doesn’t fit all; therefore, we tailor our mixtures according to the needs of the course.
Advantages of Hydroseeding over Dry Seeding
- Hydroseeded areas grow faster than dry seeding. The contact of the seed with water will trigger the germination cycle.
- Hydro seeding has an attractive green appearance that looks far better than areas dry seeded and covered with straw mulch.
- Unlike straw that is often used as a protective cover for a newly seeded area, hydroseeding mulch has NO weed seed. Straw is loaded with weed seed.
- Hydroseeding allows the custom tayloring of the proper seed for your job. It is not uncommon to use two or even three seeds custom spraying the right seed for different areas. Many custom hydroseeding contractors will use one seed for shady areas, one for high traffic areas, one to make the front lawn a showpiece.
- Hydro Seeding mulch adds to the humus content of a lawn as it decomposes. The bacterial action of straw will leach nitrogen from the soil as it decomposes.
Advantages of Hydroseeding over Sod
- Sod generally costs 3 to 5 times more than hydroseeding. Hydroseeding will often produce turf as nice looking as sod within a very short time at a significant cost savings.
- With hydroseeding, the new seedlings are grown on your soil. Sod can have a problem with the type of soil it was grown on, not having sufficient compatibility with the soil it is planted on. This is called “not taking”. If you have ever seen sod that looks like it could be rolled right back up even years after it was planted. That is sod that did not take.
- With sod the roots are chopped off resulting in a less healty plant
- With sod it is important to have sod installed by someone who has a lot of experience. Sod will shrink over the first month and if it is not installed properly gaps will open up between the sod rows.
Have more questions about hydroseeding and your application? Contact Fusion Golf today!